Monday, January 19, 2009

{19 - hands}

A while back I took a photo of my grams hands. Well today I was thinking it would be nice to have a photo of Bob and my hands together. Its nothing special, but its a picture! It would be cool several years down the road to update this hand picture (like at special anniversary's as we age together). Not that I want to see how my hands age, but it will be something to cherish as our love grows together. I am truly blessed and fortunate to have found him! For those of you who don't know our story here it is:

I had moved back to my home town- Stanford, MT and opened up my own hair salon. I never had a whole lot of time for other things, because I was so involved in my business. Plus Stanford is small, like 500 people. Yah.... I know, really small. Which also means not a lot of choices in the men department. So one day my little sis asked me if I'd ever thought about trying an online dating thing, like match.com or something. And my response was "are you crazy, there are some really crazy people on there". She went on to tell me that she was sure it was a great way to meet people, because there are other people out there who might be also in a small town, shy, tired of the bar scene, not sure how else to meet people, etc. So she basically said what do you have to loose. Mind you, I was not really looking. But figured ok Jen, what the heck. So online to Match.com I went. I was very lucky, and wasn't on there long, when Bob emailed me. We exchanged several emails, before deciding to talk on the phone. We talked for several weeks before we decided to meet. I was coming into Great Falls for a Bunko night, and it worked that we could meet up afterwards for drinks. So I guess the rest is history. LOL We met in April 2007, engaged by Sept 2007 (5 months later), and married in June of 2008. Now I guess we are just an ol' newlywed couple. I am looking forward to what our future holds together, and I am truly blessed to have an amazing husband!

Thanks Jen! (seems like the right idea now sis!)

1 comment:

Lovely gd Cee said...

really? amazing! you're the second one i heard it worked out. well, when it's meant to be- it's meant to be. the hand picture would be great later on- that's a good idea since you also have a great story to go with it.

i'm attending the camp:) i'll be there for the whole time actually.

Counter