Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{136,137,138}











I know I am getting behind on pictures when my sister is telling me that her blog is up to date and that I am behind, so I figured I better get my buns in gear and get this caught up again for the week.
Well I wanted to post some pictures of our weekend fishing on the Missouri River. We fished for all sorts of fish, and the one above here is a paddle fish that Lane caught and tagged. Lea also caught one, but chose to release it back into the water. It was a fun weekend, I ended up catching a Sauger fish which is a close relative of the Walleye. Suppose to be really good eatin, too bad I'm not so crazy for fish. Bob caught a ton of fish too. He even tried paddlefishing. You have to just be plain lucky to catch a paddlefish. No bait involved, just hooks and your pole casting into the water, hoping to stick the hook into the side of the fish, and then reel it in. Call it what you want, but I think its just plain lucky!!! So no paddlefish for Bob this year (maybe next year), but we did catch some stone catfish, golden eye, shiner, and the sauger. Anyhow, it was fun, and we got to take our sweet camper for its first outing.
So now for my next topic. Tulips! Is there anyone out there who understands Tulips? Check out this tulip that was in our front yard. Its yellow but has red on it. How the heck does that happen? Do they breed, mate, or whatever the heck you wanna call it???? I am curious????

3 comments:

mehmkefar said...

Great tulip shot, Melissa. They do cross pollinate actually or so I have heard.

Jenn W. said...

Love the pics. Yager looks so regal. :)

Nichole Eve said...

Ok come one now its been 5 weeks. Where are the updated photos??? You are becoming a slacker. Oh and Happy Anniversary!!!

Counter